Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum
Welcome to the Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum. You can buy Jess' new album Get Em' Girls instores and on iTunes now!
Admin
Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum
Welcome to the Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum. You can buy Jess' new album Get Em' Girls instores and on iTunes now!
Admin
Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Jessica Mauboy fans all over the world!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Jess signs with Universal publishing Jess2

Jess signs with Universal publishing Jessut
Jess signs with Universal publishing Jessfb

Jess signs with Universal publishing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gazza

Gazza

Jess signs with Universal publishing Empty
PostSubject: Jess signs with Universal publishing   Jess signs with Universal publishing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:23 am

Thanks to Kenke for locating this article

Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) announced yesterday it had signed multi-platinum, ARIA and APRA winning song-writer Jessica Mauboy to an exclusive world-wide, long-term publishing agreement.

“In Been Waiting Jessica has written and recorded the definitive modern Australian urban record. Jessica has a natural song-writing instinct, a wealth of stories to tell and an amazing voice to deliver them with. We are incredibly excited to welcome Jessica to our roster and we look forward to many hits over the coming years” said Heath Johns, Director of A&R, Universal Music Publishing Group.

Jessica Mauboy has been nothing short of a revelation in 2009, her debut single Running Back feat. Flo Rida was a bold introduction to a fresh new talent with the song dominating radio airwaves and accumulating 2xPlatinum status in the process whilst also scoring the 2009 APRA award for ‘Best Urban Work’. Since then Jessica Mauboy has had a succession of 4 further Platinum and Gold singles while her debut album Been Waiting has been one of the year’s biggest domestic albums registering 59 consecutive weeks in the ARIA album chart with sales fast approaching 2xPlatinum.

“I am so proud to have signed a publishing deal with Universal because songwriting is such an important part of my journey as an artist. If I can be a better writer I know I can be a better artist and I am now truly blessed to have a great team like Universal behind me to help me reach my goals” said Jessica Mauboy.

2009 marked an incredible arrival for Jessica Mauboy, she lead the nominations charge at the 2009 ARIA awards (and took home her first ARIA for Highest Selling Single), was the most played Australian artist on local radio (with a staggering 4 songs in the Top 14), won her first APRA award and also starred in her first feature film Bran Nue Dae which opened in Australian cinemas last week.

While 2009 was a triumphant year, 2010 is looking equally exciting with Jessica set to embark on an international writing trip to commence work on her eagerly awaited follow-up album.

http://www.getmusic.com.au/artist/news/detail.aspx?nid=1560&aid=59268

The way I read this is any song Jess writes from now on will be published by Universal Publishing but this does not effect Jess recording contract with Sony
Back to top Go down
http://gary.roche@hotmai.com

Jess signs with Universal publishing
Page 1 of 1