Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum
Welcome to the Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum. You can buy Jess' new album Get Em' Girls instores and on iTunes now!
Admin
Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum
Welcome to the Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum. You can buy Jess' new album Get Em' Girls instores and on iTunes now!
Admin
Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Jessica Mauboy fans all over the world!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Jess and Dr Dre Jess2

Jess and Dr Dre Jessut
Jess and Dr Dre Jessfb

Jess and Dr Dre

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gazza

Gazza

Jess and Dr Dre Empty
PostSubject: Jess and Dr Dre   Jess and Dr Dre I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:02 am

Jessica Mauboy out to make a deal with Dr Dre Article from:Josh Robertson
December 27, 2009 11:00pm

IT'S an unlikely hook-up: wholesome Australian Idol graduate Jessica Mauboy and the biggest, baddest gangsta rap producer there is, Dr Dre.

But the Darwin chart-topper holds out hope of doing her thing over a Dre beat after a Tinseltown encounter with the towering NWA legend just weeks ago.

"It was crazy. I just saw him in the corner of my eye and was just like, 'Oh my god, I'm in love with this guy and I love his music, grew up with his music and I really want to meet him'," Mauboy said.

In pictures: Pop star Jessica Mauboy
More pics: Other curvy celebrities

"My friend introduced us and I think they've kind of kept in touch and we really want to work towards that."

The thought of hitting the studio with the man who introduced Snoop Dogg and Eminem to the world has Mauboy gushing with excitement.

But it seems even a short time with Dre, aka Andre Romelle Young, indicates the way he rolls.

"He was very quiet, very genuine and you could just almost see he's a businessman and you know, he really knows the dirt underneath it all. He didn't really have to say much. You just kind of knew," she said.

Mauboy will return to LA in the new year for a four-month stint writing and recording her third album.

She's been learning to play an electric guitar her dad bought her and said she wouldn't mind going in an "edgy" direction with it.

But a beat from Dre, an elder statesman of hip-hop, would be a hell of a coup.

"That would be nice but I guess in the real world it's all about the money side of it," she said. "So hopefully we can kind of get that together and the record label can really help me towards that.

"You never know. He might just fall in love with what I do and want to make a track."

Meanwhile, Mauboy will support Estelle at Palazzo Versace Hotel's New Year's Eve glam-fest. It'll be a rare celebration away from home for Mauboy, who'll have two-year boyfriend Themeli Magripilis in tow.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26529679-5012980,00.html&ct=ga&cd=o94-kYt_pQM&usg=AFQjCNE3suLMhjI4KyXAmtRXphPh5VbDtg
Back to top Go down
http://gary.roche@hotmai.com
Jay.J.
Admin
Jay.J.

Jess and Dr Dre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jess and Dr Dre   Jess and Dr Dre I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:10 am

Coolio!
Back to top Go down

Jess and Dr Dre
Page 1 of 1