Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum
Welcome to the Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum. You can buy Jess' new album Get Em' Girls instores and on iTunes now!
Admin
Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum
Welcome to the Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum. You can buy Jess' new album Get Em' Girls instores and on iTunes now!
Admin
Jessica Mauboy Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Jessica Mauboy fans all over the world!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Mauboy demands attention Jess2

Mauboy demands attention Jessut
Mauboy demands attention Jessfb

Mauboy demands attention

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gazza

Gazza

Mauboy demands attention Empty
PostSubject: Mauboy demands attention   Mauboy demands attention I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Mauboy demands attention
By Jonathon Moran From: The Sunday Telegraph January 03, 2010 12:00AM
ARIA charge ... Jessica Mauboy tops the end-of-year charts. Pic. Luke Marsden Source: The Daily Telegraph
JESSICA Mauboy wants 2010 to be the year her peers finally take notice of her.

Mauboy dominates the end-of-year ARIA Charts, released today, yet she received just one ARIA Award at the industry's biggest night of the year for 2009.

"Next year we are going to hit the ARIAs hard," Mauboy told The Sunday Telegraph. "If I don't get four - or at least three - I will be very disappointed."

Mauboy, 20, won her first ARIA for highest-selling single, Running Back, at the November awards ceremony.

The category was based purely on sales and she missed out on the industry-voted categories she was nominated for, including best female artist, breakthrough artist album and single, and best pop release.

Figures released today show Mauboy's five 2009 songs - Burn, Running Back, Up/Down, Been Waiting and Because - registered in the ARIA Australian Artist Singles Top 50 Chart.

Three made it into the combined international and Australian Top 100 - Burn, Up/Down and Been Waiting - with figures compiled using data accumulated from each chart from January 5, 2009, to December 28, 2009.

The charts are released exclusively in The Sunday Telegraph each week.

"I worked really hard for it all and I loved it," she said.

"I just know that I want to make really good music and I'm happy people are into it. This year has been spot on; I can't believe it. It's almost like it has been too much."

Mauboy's album - Been Waiting - registered number 20 in the ARIA Top 100 Albums for 2009, with just two other Australian artists ahead of her: Hilltop Hoods' State Of The Art at number 12 and Empire Of The Sun's Walking On A Dream at 18.

Scottish singer Susan Boyle's I Dreamed A Dream topped the album chart, followed by Pink, Black Eyed Peas, Taylor Swift, Lily Allen and Michael Buble.

Some 26 Australian artists made it into the Top 100 Albums, including Mark Vincent, Kate Miller-Heidke, Powderfinger and Jimmy Barnes.

Guy Sebastian topped the Australian artist Top 50 singles chart with his track, Like It Like That.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sunday-telegraph/mauboy-demands-attention/story-e6frewt0-1225815543867&ct=ga&cd=CA8CLlJQZFE&usg=AFQjCNGZvOSY1FDpAPtmPjOfyr7YQZysdA
Back to top Go down
http://gary.roche@hotmai.com
Jay.J.
Admin
Jay.J.

Mauboy demands attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mauboy demands attention   Mauboy demands attention I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:37 am

cool. i love the pic that goes with it
Back to top Go down

Mauboy demands attention
Page 1 of 1